CHA is currently working to update the CHA Mission Leader Competency Model, of which the current iteration is shared below. The project timeline includes:
- A series of online surveys – September 2019
- Personal interviews conducted by The Reid Group with senior leaders – September and October
- Draft of the updated competency model made available to system mission leaders – December
- Competency model draft shared with other mission leaders and stakeholders – February-April 2020
- Rollout of the new competency model – Summer 2020
This activity is the continuation of decades of work. Being conducted by The Reid Group of Seattle, Wash., who worked on the 2008 update and now again for the 2019 update, it will bring forth the challenges, needs and hopes of CEOs, sponsors, mission leaders and others for this ever-evolving role. Read more about the background here.
We want the revised competency model to reflect the realities of today while flexing forward in acknowledgement of the innovation needed in this role. If you have any particular thoughts on the process, or comments on the competencies and the role of a mission leader, please feel welcome let CHA know.