EXCLUSIVELY FOR CHA MEMBERS!
Welcoming the Stranger: Catholic Health Care and Immigration explains the rich history of Catholic health care’s commitment to and care for immigrants. Because care for immigrants is rooted in Church history and teaching, we are spiritually compelled to be in solidarity with them.
This interactive e-learning module takes about 15 minutes to complete and can be viewed at the learner’s convenience. Persons who work in Catholic health care will be able to identify concrete actions they can take to “welcome the stranger” to a new land.
This eLearning course is meant to be used in two ways:
- It is designed as an interactive, self-guided learning experience that the learner can access through a desktop computer or a mobile tablet. (Note: Because of the detailed information on each screen, it is not meant for use on a mobile phone.)
- Welcoming the Stranger can also be experienced by a group of learners with a facilitator guiding and pacing the learning experience and advancing the screens. An accompanying Facilitator Guide is intended for group learning and is meant to offer the learners opportunities to answer questions, to raise questions and to discuss opportunities to take action on behalf of immigrants within the context of Catholic health care.
Facilitator Guide and Additional Resources
Also available in the Knowledge Center, here are additional resources:
After viewing the module, participants will be able to…
- Understand and appreciate the rich history of Catholic health care’s commitment to and care for immigrants
- Learn that care for immigrants is rooted in Church history and that we who serve in the ministry of Catholic health care are spiritually compelled to be in solidarity with immigrants
- Articulate concrete actions that can be taken to welcome immigrants
System Requirements (Recommended)
- Win XP or higher
- Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- 1.3 GHz Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- iPad 2, IPad 3, iPad Air
- iOS 8 or later
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Internet connection