Lord of Peace, Divine Ruler, to whom peace belongs!
Master of Peace, Creator of all things!
- May it be thy will to put an end to war and bloodshed on earth, and to spread
- a great and wonderful peace over the whole world, so that nation shall
- not lift up sword against nation, shall they learn war anymore.
Help us and save us all, and let us cling tightly to the virtue of peace. Let there
- be a truly great peace between every person and their fellow, and
- between husband and wife, and let there be no discord between people
- even in their hearts.
Let us never shame any person on earth, great or small. May it be granted unto
- us to fulfill Thy Commandment to "Love thy neighbor as thyself," with all
- our hearts and souls and bodies and possessions.
And let it come to pass in our time as it is written, "And I will give peace in the
- land, and you shall lie down and none shall make you afraid. I will drive
- the wild beasts from the land, and neither shall the sword go through your
God who is peace, bless us with peace!
Attributed to Rabbi Nachman ben Feiga of Breslov