CHA's Theology and Ethics Colloquium, Ethics Beyond the Bedside, will examine ethical implications for Catholic health care around critical issues in society, technology, national media and the Church.
This year, the annual, invitation-only event for ethicists will take place March 11-13, 2020 at the Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel in St. Louis.
Participants will examine opportunities and ethical concerns around:
- The meaning of institutional conscience and a virtuous organization
- Dramatic rise of artificial intelligence in health care
- Evolving models of health delivery
- Initiatives to address social determinants
- Catholic health care's responsibility to the environment
- CHA's national advocacy work to protect safety net programs, advance palliative care, and other ministry priorities guided by principles of Catholic social teaching
- National media coverage of Catholic health care
- Building effective relationships with the Church.
As always, there will be ample opportunities for networking and dialogue with ethicists in Catholic health care and academia. Additional information regarding the schedule and speakers will be available in the coming weeks.