Are you a mission leader, chaplain, clinician, social worker or sponsor seeking to enhance your expertise in Catholic health care ethics?
CHA is pleased to present Catholic Ethics for Health Care Leaders, a 7-week course taught by senior ethicists Brian Kane and Nate Hibner. This virtual experience allows you to participate from the comfort of your own space, eliminating any travel or logistical concerns.
Throughout the course, participants will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights as we explore the following areas:
- Ethics and the Catholic Way: Discover how ethics intertwine with the rich traditions and values of Catholicism.
- The Church's Teachings on Conscience: Uncover the profound insights into conscience formation within the context of Catholic teachings.
- Catholic Social Teaching: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the principles that underpin Catholic social justice and compassionate care.
- Culture of Life: Embrace the essence of Catholic health care ethics by cultivating a culture that cherishes and upholds life.
- Justice, Equity, and Equality: Explore the ethical dimensions of justice, ensuring fairness and inclusivity within health care systems.
- End-of-Life Care: Navigate the complexities of ethical decision-making in the delicate realm of end-of-life care.
By the end of this course, you will emerge with a deeper comprehension of Catholic health care ethics. Armed with newfound wisdom, you will be better equipped to discern when to apply your learnings and when to seek the guidance of an ethicist.