The Manager of Human Resources and Mission Integration (MHRMI) is a critical executive-level leadership position tasked as a strategic partner to align business objectives with employees and management in designated departments, facilities, markets and/or divisions. Fully integrating the organization’s mission and values as well as its heritage, ethics and identity into the environment, processes, policies and procedures of the organization. The MHRMI will have responsibility for and executive oversight, leadership and direction of evidence-based consultant to management on Human Resource related issues; including but not limited to employee relations, labor relations, performance management, training, policy application, organizational development, workforce planning, ADA interactive process and compensation. In addition to HR, “Mission Services” includes, but not limited to, Spiritual Care, Community Benefit, Ethics, Violence Prevention, Indigenous People’s Hospital, Formation, Workplace Spirituality, Ecclesial Relations, etc. and has the responsibility to help guide and lead all employees, as “mission integrators” to ensure the mission and values of the organization are inherently alive and fully integrated.
The MHRMI will be a member of the executive leadership team of the hospital and has a matrix direct reporting “solid line” to the Division Vice President of Human Resources and the Division Senior Vice President of Mission Integration (DSVPMI) and “dotted line” to the local President. In partnership with leadership team, the MHRMI strives to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy. Proactively communicate needs to the HR department, colleagues within the Centers of Expertise (CoE) and management. Seeks to develop integrated solutions and is a change agent and champion for new HR initiatives and programs. Formulates partnerships across the HR team and CoE to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the strategic business objectives of CommonSpirit Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years HR or leadership experience OR minimum of 7 years HR or leadership experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree (with relevant experience; equivalent education and/or experience; experience through certifications).
- HR experience should encompass generalist experience or at least 2 or more areas of specialty, e.g., compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations, talent acquisition, etc.
- Demonstrated employee relations experience with a working knowledge of recruitment, training delivery, benefits and compensation theory/administration.
- Excellent listening, people and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary care team.
- Requires computer proficiency.
- Mission Manager: Masters in Divinity (or similar Masters-prepared in relevant field such as Theology, Counseling, Psychology, Philosophy, Spirituality, etc….) preferred.
- 3-5 Years of “Mission Services” Experience, preferably in a hospital or other health care setting.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.