Nine ministry hospitals received recognition in 2013 from the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association, for providing high-quality patient care and excelling in nursing practice.
The ministry facilities honored through the credentialing center's Magnet Recognition Program were:
- Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital, Richmond, Va.
- Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill, Pa.
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Mission Hills, Calif.
- St. Cloud Hospital, St. Cloud, Minn.
- St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula, Mont.
- St. Vincent Infirmary, Little Rock, Ark.
- Wheaton Franciscan–St. Joseph, Milwaukee
The Magnet program uses a vigorous credentialing program to reward health care providers that are promoting quality care, improving nursing services for patients and disseminating best practices in nursing.
Health care providers apply for Magnet status, and the credentialing center awards the designations based on compliance with certain indicators and standards. Facilities reapply for Magnet status four years after receiving recognition.
A list of the 397 Magnet hospitals is available online. Upwards of five dozen of them are Catholic.
Copyright © 2014 by the Catholic Health Association
of the United States
For reprint permission, contact Betty Crosby
or call (314) 253-3477.