CHA's Essentials for Leading Mission in Catholic Health Care program is designed specifically for new mission leaders and those considering entering the ministry of mission integration to build community and assist their growth in the competencies necessary to be effective in the roles.
Unfortunately, due to the pandemic and resulting health, safety and travel sensitivities, the 2020 program has been cancelled. Dates for fall of 2021 are in the works.
Online Resources Available Now
CHA is committed to being a principal resources for mission integration leaders because we understand the complexity of this ever changing role. Here are resources to help you amidst the pandemic — and also — as you begin or work to update your practice and skills in this essential vocation.
The Essentials for Leading Mission includes an in-person meeting followed by a series of online sessions solely for ELM participants.
After completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Express trends in mission leader competencies and organizational roles
- Articulate a fundamental theological grounding for the work of mission and framework for the Catholic health ministry
- Explain Catholic social teaching relating to health care
- Apply the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Describe the mission leader's role in spiritual care and workplace spirituality
- Identify timely issues, practices and resources in pastoral care and ministry formation
- Articulate the role of the mission leader in business decisions including strategic planning, budgeting and operations
- Describe the mission leader's role in community benefit
- Share the importance of international outreach as part of the organization's mission
Hotel and Travel
CHA's Essentials for Leading Mission in Catholic Health Care program will be held at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel, 212-232 North Kingshighway Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108. Room rates and additional information for the 2021 program will be made available in the coming months.
For additional information about this program, or to be referred to CHA resources, webinars or other mission-related information, please contact Carrie Meyer McGrath, CHA's director of Mission Services.