Essentials for Leading Mission in
Catholic Health Care is designed specifically for new mission leaders and those
considering entering the ministry of mission integration to assist their growth
in the competencies necessary to be effective in their roles.
The 2019 program will begin with an in-person meeting Sept.
9-11, in St. Louis. This will be followed by a series of online meetings,
approximately every two months starting in November. The topics covered in the
online meetings will include international outreach, community benefit, advocacy
as well as subject areas the cohort group will determine. We will use the Zoom
video conference meeting platform so participants will be able to see one
another and continue to develop their mission leader network. The registration
cost covers both the in-person meeting and all online meetings, with the series
concluding in the spring of 2020.
A full agenda will been available shortly, but in the
meantime for your scheduling, the program will start at approximately 1 p.m. on
Monday, Sept. 9 and conclude by noon on Wednesday, Sept 11.
After completion of this program, participants will be able
- Express trends in mission leader competencies and
- Articulate a fundamental theological grounding for the
work of mission and framework for the Catholic health ministry
- Explain Catholic social teaching relating to health
- Apply the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic
Health Care Services
- Describe the mission leader's role in spiritual care and
- Identify timely issues, practices and resources in
- Articulate the role of the mission leader in business
decisions including strategic planning, budgeting and operations
- Describe the mission leader's role in community
- Share the importance of international outreach as part of
the organization's mission