Dozens of ministry organizations are among the health care providers receiving Practice Greenhealth awards this year for excelling in their environmental practices.
The Reston, Va.-based nonprofit membership organization honored its environmental excellence award recipients at a gala in May, in conjunction with the 2017 CleanMed meeting in Minneapolis. CleanMed is Practice Greenhealth's annual conference for leaders in health care sustainability.
Ministry providers that received awards this year included:
System for Change Award
For systems that are working cohesively to address sustainability goals:
- Bon Secours Health System, Marriottsville, Md.
- Hospital Sisters Health System, Springfield, Ill.
Greenhealth Emerald Award
For facilities with advanced programs and exemplary accomplishments in a range of categories assessed by Practice Greenhealth:
Partner for Change Award
- Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, Newport News, Va.
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center, Mechanicsville, Va.
- Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital, Richmond, Va.
- Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center, Midlothian, Va.
- Bon Secours St. Francis, Downtown, Greenville, S.C.
- Bon Secours St. Francis, Eastside, Greenville
- Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital, Richmond, Va.
- Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Dignity Health Dominican Hospital, Santa Cruz, Calif.
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay, Wis.
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Bon Secours Kentucky Health System, Ashland, Ky.
For facilities with superior performance in environmentalism:
- Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center, Norfolk, Va.
- Bon Secours Hospital, Baltimore
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center, Portsmouth, Va.
- Bon Secours Rappahannock General Hospital, Kilmarnock, Va.
- Dignity Health–Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Northridge, Calif.
- Dignity Health Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Arroyo Grande, Calif.
- Dignity Health Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria, Calif.
- Dignity Health Methodist Hospital of Sacramento, Sacramento, Calif.
- Dignity Health St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital, Camarillo, Calif.
- Dignity Health St. John's Regional Medical Center, Oxnard, Calif.
- Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center, Stockton, Calif.
- Dignity Health St. Mary Medical Center, Long Beach, Calif.
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire, Wis.
- HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville, Ill.
- HSHS St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham, Ill.
- HSHS St. Francis Hospital, Litchfield, Ill.
- HSHS St. John's Hospital, Springfield, Ill.
- HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, Chippewa Falls, Wis.
- HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital Breese, Breese, Ill.
- HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital Highland, Highland, Ill.
- HSHS St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center, Green Bay, Wis.
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital, Sheboygan, Wis.
- HSHS St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur, Ill.
- Mercy General Hospital, Sacramento, Calif.
- MI Nursing Restorative Center, Lawrence, Mass.
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, Hood River, Ore.
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford, Ore.
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital, Milwaukie, Ore.
- Providence Newberg Medical Center, Newberg, Ore.
- Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- Providence St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula, Mont.
- Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Wash.
- St. Andre Health Care, Biddeford, Maine
- St. Cloud Hospital, St. Cloud, Minn.
- St. Joseph Hospital, Nashua, N.H.
- St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, Maine
- University Hospitals St. John Medical Center, Westlake, Ohio
- Youville Place, Lexington, Mass.
A complete list of award winners is at practicegreenhealth.org/awards/2017winners.
Copyright © 2017 by the Catholic Health Association
of the United States
For reprint permission, contact Betty Crosby or call (314) 253-3490.