Practice Greenhealth has named its 2015 environmental excellence award winners. The Reston, Va.-based sustainable health care organization annually honors providers that register significant achievements in making health care more sustainable. Practice Greenhealth recognized the awardees May 14 in connection with the CleanMed 2015 meeting of health care leaders in Portland, Ore.
Ministry awardees and their honors include: System for Change Award Honorees
An award for systems excelling in environmental sustainability
Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award Honorees
- Bon Secours Health System, Marriotts–ville, Md.
- Catholic Health System, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Hospital Sisters Health System, Spring–field, Ill.
Practice Greenhealth's highest honor for hospitals — an award for facilities leading the industry and innovating when it comes to sustainable health care
Greenhealth Emerald Award Honorees
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Suffern, N.Y.
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Austin, Texas
- St. Francis Medical Center, Midlothian, Va.
An award for what Practice Greenhealth calls the "cream of the crop," for facilities with advanced programs and exemplary scores on Practice Greenhealth's assessments
Greenhealth Partner for Change
- Bon Secours Community Hospital, Port Jervis, N.Y.
- Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center, Norfolk, Va.
- Bon Secours Hospital, Baltimore
- California Hospital Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Mary Immaculate Nursing Restorative Center, Lawrence, Mass.
- Marymount Hospital, Garfield Heights, Ohio
- Memorial Regional Medical Center, Mechanicsville, Va.
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Ash–land, Ky.
- Richmond Community Hospital, Rich–mond, Va.
- St. Anthony Community Hospital, War–wick, N.Y.
- St. Francis Downtown, Greenville, S.C.
- St. Francis Eastside, Greenville, S.C.
- St. Mary's Hospital, Richmond, Va.
An award for facilities with superior performance in sustainability
- Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Arroyo Grande, Calif.
- Bon Secours Maria Manor, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center, Portsmouth, Va.
- Borgess Medical Center, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- CHI Health St. Francis, Grand Island, Neb.
- Dominican Hospital, Santa Cruz, Calif.
- HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire, Wis.
- HSHS St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham, Ill.
- HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville, Ill.
- HSHS St. Francis Hospital, Litchfield, Ill.
- HSHS St. John's Hospital, Springfield, Ill.
- HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital, Chippewa Falls, Wis.
- HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital Highland, Highland, Ill.
- HSHS St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur, Ill.
- HSHS St. Mary's Hospital, Streator, Ill.
- HSHS St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center, Green Bay, Wis.
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital, Sheboygan, Wis.
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay, Wis.
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital, Kenmore, N.Y.
- Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria, Calif.
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Northridge, Calif.
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, Hood River, Ore.
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford, Ore.
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital, Mil–waukie, Ore.
- Providence Newberg Medical Center, Newberg, Ore.
- Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- Providence Seaside Hospital, Seaside, Ore.
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center, Oregon City, Ore.
- Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, N.Y.
- St. Andre Health Care Facility, Biddeford, Maine
- St. Bernardine Medical Center, San Bernardino, Calif.
- St. Joseph Campus, Cheektowaga, N.Y.
- St. Joseph Healthcare, Bangor, Maine
- St. Joseph Healthcare, Nashua, N.H.
- St. Joseph Manor Health Care, Brockton, Mass.
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Mich.
- St. Joseph Regional Health Network, Reading, Pa.
- St. Mary Health Care Center, Worcester, Mass.
- St. Mary's Health System, Lewiston, Maine
- St. Patrick Hospital, Missoula, Mont.
- Youville Place, Lexington, Mass.
A full list of awards and awardees is available online at practicegreenhealth.org.
Copyright © 2015 by the Catholic Health Association
of the United States
For reprint permission, contact Betty Crosby or call (314) 253-3477.