Ten ministry providers were among the health care facilities that earned Magnet recognition last year from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The center awards the status to health care providers that are innovative and that excel in care quality and nursing.
According to the center, facilities that achieve this recognition are better able than others to attract and retain top nurses, improve patient care and satisfaction and advance nursing practice.
Facilities can reapply for status after the four-year credential expires.
The ministry facilities recognized, or re-recognized last year were:
- Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center, Midlothian, Va.
- CHI Health Good Samaritan, Kearney, Neb.
- CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Mercy Medical Center–Clinton, Clinton, Iowa
- Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Wash.
- St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, Okla.
- St. Joseph's/Candler, Savannah, Ga.
- St. Peter's Hospital, Albany, N.Y.
A list of all 425 Magnet facilities worldwide is available online: nursecredentialing.org/Magnet/FindaMagnetFacility.
Copyright © 2016 by the Catholic Health Association
of the United States
For reprint permission, contact Betty Crosby or call (314) 253-3477.