Nine ministry hospitals were among the facilities that were designated or redesignated as Magnet facilities in 2010 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The center awards the recognition to health care organizations that demonstrate that they provide high-quality patient care and excellent nursing and that they are innovative in their approach to nursing. The designation holds for four years, at which point the facilities can reapply for Magnet status.
Ministry facilities recognized in 2010 were:
- Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital, Charleston, S.C.
- Mercy Hospital, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield, Wis.
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, La.
- Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Wash.
- Saint Francis Hospital, Evanston, Ill.
- St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, Okla.
- St. Joseph's/Candler, Savannah, Ga.
Copyright © 2011 by the Catholic Health Association
of the United States
For reprint permission, contact Betty Crosby
or call (314) 253-3477.