Rocklon B. "Rocky" Chapin will retire as president and chief executive of Benedictine Health System of Duluth, Minn., around January 2018.
Chris Glenney to president and chief executive of CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System of Tyler, Texas, from chief operating officer. He replaces Lindsey Bradley, who now oversees CHRISTUS Group Operations as senior vice president and chief executive of CHRISTUS' northeast Texas region.
St. Louis-based Ascension and its facilities have made these changes:
- Dr. Joseph Cacchione to president of St. Louis-based Ascension Medical Group, the national provider organization of Ascension.
- Dr. Francisco Hoyos and Dr. Muhammad Shibli to co-chief medical officers of Providence Health System of Washington, D.C.
- Tracey Biles to vice president of mission integration for Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital of Murfreesboro, Tenn., and Saint Thomas Regional Hospitals in Tennessee. Saint Thomas Regional includes Saint Thomas Highlands Hospital in Sparta, Saint Thomas DeKalb Hospital in Smithville, Saint Thomas Stones River Hospital in Woodbury and Saint Thomas River Park Hospital in McMinnville.
Trinity Health of Livonia, Mich., and its facilities have made these changes:
- Dr. Lawrence Brilliant to vice president/chief medical officer of St. Mary Medical Center of Langhorne, Pa.
- Saint Alphonsus Health System of Boise, Idaho, has made these changes: Lannie Checketts to chief financial officer and Shelley Harris to chief nursing officer.
- Sean McAndrew to director of health information management for St. Joseph's Health of Syracuse, N.Y.
Jon Labbe to president of Mercy Health Foundation — Greater Cincinnati.
Barbara Rossi to director of institutional advancement for St. Elizabeth Seton Children's Foundation of Yonkers, N.Y., which supports the Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center of Yonkers.
Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas
received a $3 million challenge gift from Nyle and Nancy Maxwell and their family. The funds will go toward developing the Grace Grego Maxwell Mental Health Unit at Dell Children's. Named after Nyle Maxwell's mother, the unit will provide inpatient and outpatient mental health services for children and teens. It is to open in spring 2018. The Maxwell family owns a network of auto dealerships in and around Austin, Texas.
Catherine Taylor Yank and her husband Greg Yank have donated a $1 million life insurance policy to HSHS St. Elizabeth's Foundation in support of HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Belleville, Ill. The donation will go toward St. Elizabeth's Hospital's capital campaign, which supports the replacement of the hospital and physician office building. The Yanks will receive recognition in the replacement hospital's emergency department. Taylor Yank is the owner/
Redwood Memorial Hospital
operator of Taylor Roofing in Belleville.
, Eureka, Calif, 60 years.
Copyright © 2017 by the Catholic Health Association
of the United States
For reprint permission, contact Betty Crosby or call (314) 253-3490.