Feb. 11 is World Day of the Sick, an observation introduced by Pope John Paul II as a way for believers to offer prayers for those suffering from illnesses. The day coincides with the commemoration of Our Lady of Lourdes and is an important opportunity for those who serve in Catholic health ministry to reflect on caring for those who are sick as well as those who provide care to them.
CHA resources for the 22nd World Day of the Sick:
- Prayer Card. This card can be ordered hardcopy (free with free shipping) or downloaded and shared electronically. Please order by Feb. 5 to receive in time for the event.
- Order hardcopy (5 x 7)
- Download a copy. (8.5 x 11)
- Prayer Service. This service is provided in a Word document so that you can use as is or nuance for your needs.
- Prayer for Health Care Workers. This short blessing honors all who serve in Catholic health care.
- Video Reflection. This video honors those who serve in Catholic health care, providing love and compassion to those whom we serve.
Additional Resources for the 2014 World Day of the Sick
You can access all of CHA's previous World Day of the Sick prayers on CHA's Prayer Index. Access it here.