Health care is a pivotal concern for Americans and an important ministry of the church. Often, health care issues are complex and difficult to understand. The Catholic Health Association of the United States is pleased to offer a complimentary homily service for parish priests to help clarify these issues for parishioners.
Written by prominent Catholic theologians and bioethicists, the homilies bring important issues to life in the context of Gospel and church teachings.
Third Sunday In Ordinary Time, Jan. 24
- Nehemiah 8:2-4, 5-6, 8-10 — Rediscovery of the Law
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-30 — The Body of Christ
- Luke 1:1-4, 4, 14-21 — Jesus at his home town synagogue, beginning his ministry
Contributor: Rev. Edward M. Smink, BCC, MA
Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Feb. 14
- Jeremiah 17:5-8 — Trust in God
- 1 Corinthians 15:12, 16-20 — Christ's resurrection as the root of faith
- Luke 6:17, 20-26 — Luke's version of the Beatitudes
Contributor: Msgr. Steve Worsley, MD
Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 11
- "The Primacy of Christ and God's Foolishness"
Contributor: Fr. Robert J. Karris, O.F.M., Th.D.
Twenty-Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sept. 26
Contributor: Sr. Patricia A. Smith, RSM, Ph.D.
Twenty-Eight Sunday in Ordinary Time, Oct.10
Contributor: Sr. Carolyn Osiek, RSCJ, Th.D.
We hope you find this service helpful, and invite you to share this information with your colleagues and friends in the ministry. For more information, please contact Brian Smith, senior director, mission integration and leadership formation.