In-Person Meeting: Sept. 9-11, 2019
Online Sessions: November 2019, January & March 2020
The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel
Essentials for Leading Mission in Catholic Health Care is designed specifically for new mission leaders and those considering entering the ministry of mission integration to assist their growth in the competencies necessary to be effective in their roles.
The 2019 program will begin with an in-person meeting Sept. 9-11, in St. Louis. This will be followed by a series of online meetings, approximately every two months starting in November. The topics covered in the online meetings will include international outreach, community benefit, advocacy as well as subject areas the cohort group will determine. We will use the Zoom video conference meeting platform so participants will be able to see one another and continue to develop their mission leader network. The registration cost covers both the in-person meeting and all online meetings, with the series concluding in the spring of 2020.
A full agenda will been available shortly, but in the meantime for your scheduling, the program will start at approximately 1 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 9 and conclude by noon on Wednesday, Sept 11.
After completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Express trends in mission leader competencies and organizational roles
- Articulate a fundamental theological grounding for the work of mission and framework for the Catholic health ministry
- Explain Catholic social teaching relating to health care
- Apply the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Describe the mission leader's role in spiritual care and workplace spirituality
- Identify timely issues, practices and resources in pastoral care and ministry formation
- Articulate the role of the mission leader in business decisions including strategic planning, budgeting and operations
- Describe the mission leader's role in community benefit
- Share the importance of international outreach as part of the organization's mission
Hotel and Travel
CHA's Essentials for Leading Mission in Catholic Health Care program will be held at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta Hotel, 212-232 North Kingshighway Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108. Room rates and additional information will soon be made available.
For additional information about this program, please contact Carrie Meyer McGrath, CHA's director of Mission Services.