CHA has made the decision to not host the 2021 CHA Ecclesiology and Spiritual Renewal Program for Health Care Leaders in Rome. While we are hopeful by the start of a vaccination program for the coronavirus, the time needed to ensure herd immunity is uncertain, therefore we believe that cancelling the program is the most prudent decision. The safety of our members and staff is always of the utmost importance when we plan and host our programs.
Invitation only, CHA has tentatively scheduled the next Ecclesiology and Spiritual Renewal Program for May 1 - 6, 2022.
CHA's annual Ecclesiology and Spiritual Renewal Program for Health Care Leaders is an important leadership formation experience. Invitation only, it is a week-long learning and renewal program for executive leaders of Catholic health care.
The program offers an opportunity for executives, trustees and sponsors to experience the broader perspective of the health care ministry and to realize the worldwide nature of the Church's work — an important perspective, as leaders are at times in communication with various congregations of the Holy See.
The program includes:
- Meetings with Vatican leaders from:
- The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- The Congregation for Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
- The Pontifical Council for Peace and Justice
- A general Papal Audience in St. Peter's Square
- A one-day pilgrimage to nearby Assisi, the home of Saints Francis and Clare
- Formative presentations by CHA staff highlighting:
- Responding to the call to lead in Catholic health care
- Personal spirituality
- Briefing on the workings of the Holy See
- Celebrations of the Eucharist, prayer services and personal reflection exercises
- A commissioning ceremony for participants
For more information, please contact Brian Smith, MS, MA, M.Div., CHA vice president, sponsorship and mission services.