Due to the CDC travel warning for Italy issued on February 29, CHA has cancelled its 2020 Ecclesiology and Spiritual Renewal Program for Health Care Leaders, which was to take place April 26 – May 1 in Rome and Assisi.
CHA is next offering this program April 25-30, 2021.
CHA's annual Ecclesiology and Spiritual Renewal Program for Health Care Leaders is an important leadership formation experience. Invitation only, it is a week-long learning and renewal program for executive leaders of Catholic health care.
The program offers an opportunity for executives, trustees and sponsors to experience the broader perspective of the health care ministry and to realize the worldwide nature of the Church's work — an important perspective, as leaders are at times in communication with various congregations of the Holy See.
The program includes:
- Meetings with Vatican leaders from:
- The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- The Congregation for Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
- The Pontifical Council for Peace and Justice
- A general Papal Audience in St. Peter's Square
- A one-day pilgrimage to nearby Assisi, the home of Saints Francis and Clare
- Formative presentations by CHA staff highlighting:
- Responding to the call to lead in Catholic health care
- Personal spirituality
- Briefing on the workings of the Holy See
- Celebrations of the Eucharist, prayer services and personal reflection exercises
- A commissioning ceremony for participants
For more information, please contact Brian Smith, MS, MA, M.Div., CHA vice president, sponsorship and mission services.