Please join us at CHA's annual Ecclesiology and Spiritual Renewal Program for Health Care Leaders, May 1- 6, 2022, in Rome and Assisi. This important formation experience is a week-long learning and renewal program for leaders of Catholic health care that is like no other because of the gathering from across our ministry. I encourage you to consider this program for yourself and for the executive and governance leaders of your organization. This program offers an opportunity for us to experience the broader perspective of our health care ministry and to realize the worldwide nature of the Church’s work — an important perspective as we leaders are at times in communication with various congregations of the Holy See.
CHA's program includes:
- Meetings with Vatican leaders at:
- Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development
- Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life
- A general Papal Audience in St. Peter's Square
- Tentative private tour of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum
- Celebrations of the Eucharist and personal reflection exercises
- A one-day pilgrimage to nearby Assisi, the home of St. Francis and Clare
- Formative presentations by CHA staff highlighting:
- Responding to the call to lead in Catholic health care
- Personal spirituality
- Workings of the Holy See
- A commissioning ceremony for participants
While it is our hope this program will take place in 2022, CHA regards the safety of our members and our staff as its first priority. CHA will continue to monitor the coronavirus pandemic and follow the guidelines set by the CDC and U.S. Department of State regarding travel to Italy. If the program needs to be cancelled due to a new surge in COVID or other safety concerns, CHA will inform all participants immediately and registration fees will be refunded.
The deadline for registration is November 12, 2021, and the number of participants is generally limited to about 50. Be sure to read the remainder of this invitation for additional details and share it with all those whom you will be inviting to participate. I hope you will join us for this wonderful experience that connects our ministry to that of the universal Church.