For a number of years, the Catholic Health Association has been involved in an initiative, Faithfully Healing the Earth, Catholic Health Care and Climate Change. To extend this work and build on the richness of the ministry's efforts to decrease their impact on the environment, CHA is hosting a series of networking conference calls. These periodic calls allow us, as a community of caregivers, to discuss issues, challenges and successful practices.
Networking Conference Call Format
Each call will begin with a presentation about a pre-planned topic, followed by a question and answer session. Then, all will have an opportunity to bring up any additional topics or issues for group discussion. The goal is to learn from one other in order to enhance our collective sustainability and environmental responsibility efforts.
Mark your Calendars!
The next networking calls will be held:
- March 15, 2017 (2.p.m. ET, 1 p.m. CT, noon MT, 11 a.m. PT)
- August 30, 2017 (2.p.m. ET, 1 p.m. CT, noon MT, 11 a.m. PT)
If you have a topic to recommend, please let us know.
If you are not currently receiving reminder emails for the networking calls, and would like to, please let us know.
Materials from previous networking calls.
Dec. 6, 2011:
- Nancy Mulvihill, vice president of corporate communications at Covenant Health Systems in Tewksbury, Mass., shared a PowerPoint from Key Green Solutions, for a software suite to help measure environmental impact.
- Erica Weber, manager – mission services at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare in Milwaukee, Wis., shared the questions included in the survey the system used in its Green Pledge initiative.
Dec. 7, 2010:
- Catholic Health World article on OR Waste Reduction Initiatives
- Information on Providence Health and Services "Paper Lite" Initiative to Decrease Printer Waste and Save Costs
Dec. 3, 2009: