MHA Summer Internship
Facility: SSM Health
State: St. Louis
Contact Name: Jordan Alexander
Contact Title: Sr. Talent Acquisition Leader
Contact Phone: (314) 523-8013
- Work closely with preceptor and/or members of leadership team on assigned projects related to strategy, operations and/or other assigned/identified projects. Completes special projects as delegated by preceptor.
- Engages in research, data analysis, project management and/or administrative assistance for initiatives and projects, as assigned. Contributes actively by collaborating with other team members and providing input, recommendations and constructive feedback.
- Performs department-specific duties and responsibilities in a training capacity. Identifies and uses internal and external support/resources to accomplish work goals.
- Performs work assignments in support of ministry and/or departmental goals in an accurate and timely manner. Seeks ways to continuously improve processes and outcomes and effectively communicates proposals for solutions.
- Ensures positive internal and external customer relations by providing prompt response to customer requests, maintaining confidentiality and communicating effectively.
- Assist in the development of presentations and/or strategic communication to support department and/or entity wide strategic initiatives.
- Meets with administrative and management staff to gain a better understanding of each area and attends various administrative, managerial and medical staff meetings, as invited.
- Observe and learn aspects of healthcare operations, strategy and other relevant areas, with guidance from the preceptor.
- Seeks professional development feedback from administrators, mentors and other colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Official transcript and documentation of enrollment in a related Bachelor's degree program at an accredited university in their Junior or Senior year
Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
Enrollment in MHA, MPH, MBA, or other Master's Programs
The SSM Health Summer Administrative Internship offers a paid 12-week internship experience in SSM ministries in three of our regions in 2021. You will help with key projects to improve health services for the people in the communities we serve, while gaining valuable experience and knowledge of healthcare operations and delivery in a compassionate and transformational organization.
The 2021 Host Sites and the sampling of projects are listed below. As you apply, please upload a cover letter, indicating the host site that you are interested in for the Summer Internship (12 weeks).
System Office St. Louis: Finance -Opportunity to get cross functional exposure in all aspects of finance and accounting with the opportunity to engage further in projects of interest.
System Office St. Louis: Theology - Spend your summer learning about institutional ministry with the most dynamic mission integration team in Catholic Health Care.