Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Full-Time opportunity as the Manager of Spiritual Care in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Provide daily management and operational direction for the Spiritual Care Department at Saint Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor (SJMAA). Accountable for the day-to-day management of mission-driven Spiritual Care operations. For developing, monitoring, and improving core operational goals and processes around standards of care that contribute to and strengthen patient satisfaction and colleague engagement. For recruiting, onboarding, engaging and evaluating chaplains and associated staff. For building strong relationships with health system entities to promote the development of Spiritual Care in a care team environment; (5) working with Spiritual Care staff to develop relationships with area clergy, specifically with Catholic priests. For policy development, compliance, and revision and payroll and budget management. Works as a player-coach with chaplains in the direct provision of spiritual care services; the manager is expected to spend approximately 50% of his/her time in direct patient care. Reports to and works collaboratively with the Director of Mission Integration at SJMAA to create strategies and tactics related to decision-making and goal setting for spiritual care operations and service delivery.
- Master's degree in theology (e.g., MA in Pastoral Care or M.Div.) or equivalent required; working knowledge of Catholic theology.
- Certification as a Chaplain with the APC, NACC, NAJC or other recognized chaplain certification body (consideration will be given to applicants who will be eligible to sit for certification within 12 months of date of hire).
- 1-2 years of operations management or leadership experience in a health care setting.
- 1-2 years of experience/employment as a professional chaplain.
- Additional education or training in healthcare administration, servant leadership, general management, process excellence/LEAN.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.