Group Vice President, Mission Integration
Greater Colorado & Kansas Group
Colorado Springs, Colorado
This is an exceptional opportunity for a transformational healthcare leader to play a key role in shaping the culture of this faith-based, nonprofit health system with a dynamic and strong ecosystem grounded in its core values of Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Spirituality, Stewardship, Imagination, and Excellence.
Centura Health is the Rocky Mountain and Central Plains region’s health care leader with 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practice and clinics, home care and hospice services and Flight For Life® Colorado, and an extensive network of providers across Colorado and western Kansas, with $3.8 billion annual net revenue.
At the foundation of Centura Health is their incredible people doing incredible things. They believe that amplifying the individual missions of their caregivers and enabling them to inspire others through meaningful, impactful actions helps associates fulfill their unique purpose while uniting them in their collective pursuit for whole and healthy communities. Approximately 21,000 of the best hearts and minds in medicine, along with 6,000 physician partners, have access to the most technologically advanced tools available to propel their healing legacy into the future of whole health.
Centura Health consists of two regional operating groups and one physician alignment group. One regional operating group is based in the Denver market area, and the other spans Greater Colorado (outside of Denver) and the western Kansas markets.
This Group Vice President position sits within the Greater Colorado and Kansas Group, based in Colorado Springs.
Reporting to the Group President, Greater Colorado & Kansas, the Group Vice President of Mission Integration provides leadership to assure the strategic and operational integration of mission as a core business process. This leader is a member of the Group senior management team and serves the Group President in ensuring a mission-based, ministry-driven organization. This leader also has a matrix reporting relationship with the Chief Values Integration Officer supporting Centura Health.
The Group Vice President of Mission Integration oversees implementation of Centura Health's Mission Integration Plan for the operating group and will collaborate in the development of measurable outcomes in alignment with both system and local market goals. Additionally, the Group Vice President, Mission Integration will collaborate in the development of new ministries and with the Enterprise Mission Group.
The selected leader will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree required in Divinity, Theology, Business Administration, Health Care Management, or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred in Divinity or Theology preferable although appropriate certifications and/or practical experience in Christian ministry is a reasonable substitute.
- Seeking an active, participating Roman Catholic for this role.
- Experience beyond a chaplain role is required; supporting multiple healthcare entities within a region or system or operating at a broader level within mission; highly engaged with the community health and advocacy.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in a fast-paced, transformative Christian ministry having clearly demonstrated a combination of vision and energy with a solid track record of achievement in mission, spirituality, community health, advocacy, and/or ethics.
- Familiarity with adult learning theory.Solid understanding of health care operations, corporate structure and relationships; ability to delegate, organize and enable people to effectively accomplish their tasks; ability to plan, organize and implement.
Colorado Springs is the most populous city of El Paso County in Colorado. It is located just east of the geographic center of the state and 61 miles south of the Denver. With an estimated population of close to 700,000, it is the second most populous city in the state of Colorado and the 48th most populous city in the United States. Colorado Springs consistently receives high rankings such as No. 1 Best Big City in "Best Places to Live" by Money magazine, #1 Outside Magazine's list of America's Best Cities and #2 on U.S. News list of most desirable cities.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
A Position Overview with a full description of the position, organization and the region is available upon request.