Director of Mission - Lorain Hospital
Facility: Lorain Hospital
State: Lorain, Ohio
The Director of Mission and Spiritual Care assists the Vice President of Mission by providing leadership and direction to ensure the integration and continuation of the Mission and Values of Bon Secours Mercy Health. The Director helps in coordinating efforts so that the principles and traditions of the Catholic health ministry, the legacy of the founding sponsor and all the sponsors of Bon Secours Mercy Health are continued. The leader engages the site/s in a variety of ways and at many levels integrating the mission and values into the programs and practices of the site/s. The director works jointly with the Spiritual Care and Mission and Values Team in implementing programs and standards for spiritual care and mission formation as well as outcome measurements for the same. This leadership position is responsible for the coordination of spiritual care, mission and values education, spirituality in the workplace, ethical decision making, and leadership in advocacy.
- Master's Degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Mission Studies, or related fields
- 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a health care or not-for-profit organization.
- Leadership experience with faith-based health care organizations preferred.
- Must be Roman Catholic
- Successful completion of 4 units of CPE
- Certification through NACC/APC/ACPE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of Catholic theology, as outlined in Catholic Health Association (CHA) Competencies for Mission Leaders, strong working knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Committed to embracing and sharing the values of Bon Secours Mercy Health System, strong sense of service orientation and skilled at relationship building.
- Must be in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Effective communicator who can work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies, outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, effective negotiator who can advocate effectively and build consensus, effective research, analytical, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org