Director of Mission - St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital
Facility: St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital
State: Youngstown, Ohio
The Director of Mission provides leadership and direction to ensure the integration and continuation of the Mission and Values of Bon Secours Mercy Health. The Director helps in coordinating efforts so that the principles and traditions of the Catholic health ministry, the legacy of the founding sponsor and all the sponsors of Bon Secours Mercy Health are continued. The mission leader engages the site/s in a variety of ways and at many levels integrating the mission and values into the programs and practices of the site/s. The director works jointly with the Mission and Values Team in implementing programs and standards for mission formation as well as outcome measurements for the same. This leadership position is responsible for the coordination of mission and values education, spirituality in the workplace, ethical decision making, and leadership in advocacy. The Mission and Values Team works collaboratively in planning and coordinating of heritage celebrations throughout Bon Secours Mercy Health.
- Maintains a Mission connection with site(s) and good sense of organizational needs. Responds to those needs from the mission perspective.
- Initiates and recommends budget for department: Formulates review and approves all budget expenditures with the VP of Mission.
- Participates in regular meetings of market or site; participates in Operational Team meetings and committees related to the role of Mission and Values
- Reports monthly projects, concerns and issues to the Vice President of Mission.
- Has specific responsibility for a presence and involvement at site and makes rounds to support patient satisfaction and Mission and Values.
- Promotes use of rituals to help employees understand the spiritual meaning and Catholic heritage of key celebrations
- Orients new hires to Mission and values, the culture of the organization and historical legacy of the Sisters and Catholic identity. Orients new managers to their role in clinical and organizational ethics and identifies each employee as responsible for knowing and living the mission
- Collaborates with Human Resources to recognize and celebrate employees who demonstrate a commitment to Mission through values-based behaviors; for example: Spirit of the Mission Committee and attending presentations to the Employee of the Month.
- Provides leadership to the Mission Committees and the organization for annual Heritage celebrations to help staff internalize the legacy of the Sponsors.
- Bachelor's Degree Theology, Religious Studies. Graduate Degree (Masters)Theology, Religious Studies preferred.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a health care or not-for-profit organization.
- Leadership experience with faith-based organizations.
- Strong working knowledge of Catholic theology, as outlined in CHA Competencies for Mission Leaders, strong working knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, committed to embracing and sharing the values of Bon Secours Mercy Health System, strong sense of service orientation and skilled at relationship building.
- Effective communicator who can work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies, outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, effective negotiator who can advocate effectively and build consensus, effective research, analytical, judgment, and problem solving skills.
*Please send resume to email@example.com