Director of Ministry Formation
Facility: Bon Secours Mercy Health
State: Marriottsville, Md.
The Director of Ministry Formation provides support and ministry formation programs across Bon Secours Mercy Health (BSMH) in collaboration with the various learning centers within BSMH. As a member of the Center for Ministry Formation (CMF) team, the Director of Ministry Formation helps to create and lead processes for the design, delivery, organization, administration and evaluation/assessment of CMF programs that are in keeping with the purpose of CMF. The Director of Ministry Formation is a senior leader who collaborates, as requested, with the sponsorship, mission, and ministry formation functions throughout the health system.
- Serves as a resource to BSMH sponsorship, mission, and ministry formation with regard to ministry formation programs and initiatives;
- Collaborates on the development and implementation of the strategy for ministry formation for Bon Secours Mercy Health employees at all levels of the organization aligned with the Bon Secours Mercy Health competencies and capabilities and core culture behaviors;
- Collaborates on the development, implementation and on-going assessment of ministry formation program offerings;
- Serves as one of the primary theological faculty for ministry formation programs;
- Collaborates to implement formation programs and strategies in ministry leadership for Bon Secours Mercy Health leaders and, as requested, for Bon Secours Mercy Health Board and Bon Secours Mercy Ministries;
- As requested, works collaboratively with the Sponsorship Leaders and the leads for mission, organizational development, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, culture and talent management, and clinical networks within Bon Secours Mercy Health to ensure strategic integration of ministry formation in programs;
- Supports, as requested, the operations and management of the Center for Ministry Formation; and participates in the recruitment, development and assessment of ministry formation program team members and faculty;
- Serves on Bon Secours Mercy Health workgroups as requested or assigned;
- Serves as an active participant on Catholic Health Association (CHA) committees as assigned;
- When delegated, represents Bon Secours Mercy Health at international, national and regional gatherings of organizations (such as Catholic Health Association) on issues related to spirituality in the workplace and/or ministry formation
- Master's Degree in Catholic Theology or Catholic Religious Studies required
- Advanced study and/or certification in Catholic theology, adult education, organizational development or related field preferred
- Five (5) years' experience or equivalent as a leader, especially in organizations committed to a learning environment and/or multi-unit health care AND Five (5) years providing ministry formation or leadership development with senior leadership required.
- Member of the Roman Catholic Church with a thorough knowledge of the teachings and tradition of the Catholic Church
- Able to understand and appreciate the history and traditions of the participating entities in Bon Secours Mercy Ministries and integrate this into programs and processes
- Strong leadership communications, organization, human relations, and planning skills with the ability to develop and lead programs for a broad range of diverse audiences, both internal and external
- Strong writing skills; Demonstrated competence in adult learning and performance improvement methodology
- Demonstrated ability to educate others on how to carry out the BSMH mission and values
- Able to direct multiple projects and mobilize the necessary and appropriate resources to successfully complete such projects
- Although not required, experience in Catholic Health Care in the United States is preferred.
If interested, please send copy of resume to email@example.com.