We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance (Finance Director) to oversee all financial aspects of the health center. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the health center as well as possible risks and investments. A Director of Finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. The goal is to guide the company in determining long-term financial goals and to develop strategies to achieve the health center's financial objectives. The Director of Finance is responsible and accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for the fiscal management of Camillus Health Concern, including reporting/trending, cash flow, billing, business systems, and grant funding allocation. The Director of Finance is required to meet monthly with the Board of Directors Finance Committee to review financials for presentation to the CHC Board of Directors.
- Comply with The Mission of Camillus Health Concern and the teachings of Saint John of God.
- Supervises staff in the Finance Department
- Compiles estimates and prepares fiscal reports for the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintains effective and collaborative relationships with members of CHC Leadership Team, Camillus House, Health Choice Network, and community partners.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for assigned responsibilities, ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards, and other federal, state and local requirements, including any related to applicable licenses
- Ensure systems for safeguarding the assets of the Health Center.
- Formulate strategies for improved cash performance.
- Forecasts and trends the Health Center's liquid assets.
- Establish, implement and update the Finance and Billing Policies and Procedures.
- Implements internal systems for budgeting and cost allocation by funding source and by departmental cost center.
- Oversee contracts and the procurement and negotiation processes
- Oversee accounts payable, receivable and purchasing.
- Monitor and controls all cash transactions
- Works in collaboration with Human Resources Director to review benefit plans.
- Participate in relevant CHC and community committees.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field. Master's Degree preferred. CPA Preferred
Minimum two to three years work experience in accounting management; health care management experience a plus
Required Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of finance and accounting principles, procedures, and practices
Knowledge and skills in developing program oriented budgets
Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations related to financial management, purchasing, billing, and insurance
Working knowledge and skills relevant to Accounting software
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Previous experience gained from working at a Federally Qualified Health Center
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
Work effectively and productively in a team environment
Culturally sensitive to the social, psychological and health care needs of the
Homeless and/or underserved populations