Working at the direction of the Editor, Digital Communications, the position provides communications services in the fulfillment of association strategies. Responsibilities include writing and editing content for digital media platforms, coordinating various CHA programs and materials and other communications, producing and revising graphic art, analyzing data, and supporting strategies for effective communication that leverages digital media. Some travel is required (approximately 5%).
- Research, write and edit content for web, email, social media, PowerPoint presentations, podcasts, webinars and blogs
- Create graphic art, mostly using predesigned templates, for various CHA projects that appear on the web, social media, blogs and other digital media
- Organize scheduling, promotion and technical production of CHA webinars, networking conference calls and video conferencing (e.g. ZOOM) meetings
- Oversee the design and layout for various digital publications such as Health Care Ethics USA
- Work closely with the editors of Health Progress, Catholic Health World and Health Care Ethics USA to extend content to various digital media platforms
- Coordinate, copyedit and update as necessary CHA educational program materials ensuring a consistent use of the predesigned templates
- Support Communications directors with various projects as needed
- Provide backup support to CHA Communications and Marketing department colleagues as necessary
- Maintain project files and status reports
Experience: 2-4 years in communications, public relations, journalism or related field required. Experience in non-profit organizations and/or the health care industry desired.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability: Professional and diplomatic demeanor. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Superior organizational skills with thorough attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines when managing multiple projects. Creativity, initiative and good judgment with an ability to communicate thoughts clearly and simply. Demonstrated proficiency with various software tools including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) Experience publishing content to various social media platforms and knowledge of best practices. Ability to learn new digital software programs. Ability to research issues online.
Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
The Catholic Health Association of the United States (CHA) advances the Catholic health ministry of the United States in caring for people and communities. Comprised of more than 600 hospitals and 1,400 long-term care and other health facilities in all 50 states, the Catholic health ministry is the largest group of nonprofit health care providers in the nation.
Consider joining our mission-based organization by sending a resume to HR@chausa.org.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.