REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Information Technology
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.50 hours per week plus
This position supports the association's business intelligence initiative utilizing business intelligence tools to extract and analyze data, and validate data integrity to create reports, charts, dashboards and other business intelligence visualizations for the organization. This position develops, debugs and maintains custom code/queries to support the association's association management system (AMS), website, content management system (CMS), mobile applications and related databases. This position designs, creates, and maintains SQL SSIS/ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) Packages as required for data migration and imports. Responsibilities include analysis, design, coding, troubleshooting, data validation, testing, developing reports and ensuring all work is well documented. Some travel may be required (approximately 2%).
- Collaborate with business users to design, create, implement, support, and enhance Tableau reporting and dashboards in Tableau Server environment
- Design, develop and implement software consistent with the development process and contemporary software techniques
- Develop and maintain sound working knowledge of association's business, specifically as it relates to the membership structure and organization of data to support same
- Audit and validate data quality and integrity to ensure confidence in the information being communicated to business users
- Support and troubleshoot association management system (AMS) and databases
- Perform debugging and unit testing of new features and enhancements
- Design, create, implement, and maintain SQL SSIS/ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) Packages as required for data migration into AMS
- Support and troubleshoot association website, e-commerce and content management processes
- Support MS SQL database
- Provide timely status reports, documentation, and projections
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Work in close coordination with IT team members (both internal and external contractors) to ensure efficient operation of the department
- Provide end user support as backup to Technology team members
- Participate in industry and other professional networks, seminars and training to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices to strengthen and support association management system and technical knowledge
- Provide support throughout the year for CHA's annual Assembly as necessary, which may include working on-site during the actual program
- Support rapid response issues as necessary
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Desired but not necessary:
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability:
Strong critical thinking, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and within a team environment. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications and concepts. Familiar with database terminology and concepts. Ability to distill complex/abstract requirements and best practices into understandable and actionable items for end users. Detail oriented with exceptional organization skills.
Bachelor's degree (in computer science/information systems or related field) and/or equivalent work experience.