St. Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS) is one of the nation's top healthcare service providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is part of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving communities in 21 states with 86 hospitals, 128 continuing care facilities and home health and hospice programs.
St. Mary Mercy Hospital is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
GENERAL SUMMARY & POSITION PURPOSE
Provides strategic and operational leadership ensuring that Trinity Health's Catholic identity, mission, core values and Mission Integration priorities are incorporated into St. Mary Mercy Livonia's organizational functions and operations. Works collaboratively to promote Mission Integration priorities across Trinity Health Michigan (St. Joseph Mercy Health System and Mercy Health) and throughout the Trinity Health system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation as a full member of St. Mary Mercy Livonia's Senior Leadership Team and appropriate Health Ministry and Regional teams and committees.
- Ensures that the Catholic identity, Mission, Core Values, and Trinity Health Mission Integration priorities are integrated throughout all areas and functions of St. Mary Mercy Livonia.
- Provides influence and direction for the orientation, programs for new colleagues and leaders and the formation in Catholic identity, Mission, Core Values for leaders, colleagues, and Board members.
- Supports Trinity Health Michigan strategic priorities for Spiritual Care Services (Chaplains), ministry formation and workplace spirituality and aligns operations and initiatives at St. Mary Mercy Livonia to this strategy and direction; ensures ongoing professional development and succession planning for the Spiritual Care department. Collaborates with Mission leaders in the Michigan Region for shared planning and priority determination.
- Directs the advancement of Trinity Health's three-pronged ethics focus: clinical, organizational, social; provides for ongoing ethics education; ensures that qualified ethics consultation services are consistently available throughout St. Mary Mercy Livonia.
- Develops an organizational culture that understands and uses discernment processes for decision-making and relationship building. Ensures that formal mission discernment and due diligence processes are utilized when strategic decisions need to be made.
- Collaborates with Michigan Mission Leaders to implement Trinity Health's Mission priorities across the Michigan Region. Participates as active member of the Michigan Mission Council to mature and advance the Michigan Mission Integration FY20-22 Strategic Direction.
- Coordinates the triennial Promoting Catholic Identity assessment process; leads development of assessment action plans that are in alignment with regional strategic plans and Trinity Health business priorities; ensures full implementation of action plans
- Provides positive relationships the offices of the Archdiocese of Detroit, the local Catholic community and local faith communities. Assists and supports the Chief Mission Officer in the relationship with the Archbishop of Detroit. Participates in appropriate community activity that supports St. Mary Mercy Livonia's mission and business priorities.
- Focuses on department productivity by providing operational excellence and driving for results based on patient and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Supports Community Health and Well Being planning, development and alignment with Catholic identity and Mission Integration.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of SJMAA/LV through performing behaviors consistent with the Trinity Health Values.
- Maintains a working knowledge and supports and conducts one's self in a manner consistent of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations, the Trinity Health Organizational Integrity Program, including the Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Requires some travel and work across the Michigan Region. Working within multiple collaborative relationships is essential to the effective functioning of this position. The position works with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Master's Degree in Catholic theology, ethics, spirituality or related field of study.
- Additional degree(s)/professional experience in organizational development and/or business preferred.
- Five years of demonstrated Mission leadership or related experience.
- Health care leadership experience in Catholic health care; basic business skills; organization development preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of and working experience working with Catholic diocesan leadership
- Working knowledge of the Catholic Church and its traditions; working knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services; ability to work collaboratively and inspire others with the organization's faith based culture, beliefs and values.
- Strategic: Decision quality; problem solving; functional/technical skills related to Mission integration (e.g., spiritual formation, ethics, adult learning)
- Operating skills: Delegation, Directing others; Communication; Priority setting; Process management, Managing through systems; Hiring, staffing, and development of direct reports
- Personal/Interpersonal: Approachability, Customer focus, Ethics and Values, Listening, Motivation of others; Building effective teams; Managing Diversity
- Experience with organizational/cultural development preferred
- Familiarity with standard desktop and windows based computer system, including email, e-learning, and intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software required to perform essential functions.
Why St. Joseph Mercy Health System?
*Competitive Salaries and Shift Differentials
*Rich Benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time off, Retirement Saving Plan with employer contribution option, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability.
* Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 21 different states!
Send resumes and questions to: Liz VanDiepenbos at firstname.lastname@example.org