Apply here: https://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/XJdy8
Join A Great Team and Get Some Extra Cash!
If you want to be part of a team that is committed to excellent, high-quality, compassionate care, we have the position for you!
Night Shift RN (new graduates)
$2,500 at completion of Year 1 and $2,500 for next two years ($7,500 total bonus)
Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
Services & Expertise:
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Women's & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Cohort will begin July 6, 2017
NOTE: Please attach a cover letter answering the following questions:
What special qualities you will bring to St. James Healthcare?
Why are you seeking a position within St. James as nurse?
Why did you choose the nursing profession?
What are your professional goals for the next 3-5 years?
Which units are you most passionate about and why?
Posting Closes on June 1, 2017.
If you are an RN with less than one (1) year of acute care experience or are in your final semester of an accredited nursing program and would like to be considered for employment as a Registered Nurse at St. James Healthcare, we welcome your application to our posting for the RN-New Graduate Residency Program.
This exciting opportunity will support the new nurse through the transition from the role of advanced beginner to that of competent nurse.
Interviews will be conducted following the close of this posting.
Provides professional nursing care to patients.
- Calculates and adjusts IV infusion flow rate, including monitoring and discontinuing infusion:
- Monitors infusion equipment
- Change administration set, including add-on device and tubing
- Observe and report subjective and objective signs of adverse reactions to any IV administration and initiate appropriate nursing interventions
- Monitors access site and perform site care and maintenance
- Performs of intermittent flushes for line patency.
- Able to perform conversion of a continuous infusion to an intermittent infusion
- Able to perform insertion or remove a peripheral venous, removal of central or midline catheters and accessing and de-accessing of a portacath
- Initiates and administers IV medications and fluids via push or bolus.
- Administer, monitor and discontinue parenteral nutrition, fat emulsion solutions.
- Administer and discontinue blood, blood components, or plasma volume expanders
- Administer insulin drip.
- Ability to administer IV medications per a PCA pump
- Familiar with the use and care of Alaris Pumps and Guardrails.
- Able to assess/reassess nursing care needs by age group.
- Develops age appropriate plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Provides age appropriate teaching to patients and family and members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates operational knowledge of equipment.
- Accurately documents in a timely manner all components of the nursing process & meeting documentation requirements of the regulating bodies.
- Ability to access, manage and update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information System.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
- Demonstrates proficiency in administration of medication and treatments following all regulatory requirements.
- Aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Reports pertinent observations and patient reactions as specific to age to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Follows National Patient Safety Goals.
- Effectively acknowledges, coordinates and implements diagnostic and therapeutic orders.
- Demonstrates proficiency in selection, application and monitoring of patient restraints, utilizing least restrictive method.
- Demonstrates proficiency in application of modalities to alleviate pain.
- Demonstrates proficiency in epidural catheter management and symptom control
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Demonstrates competent nursing clinical skills and knowledge when performing, teaching, and supervising nursing procedures.
- Establishes priorities in planning and organizing patient care based on nursing assessment and patient/family needs in collaboration with health care team.
- Implements nursing care interventions based on patient/family needs and circumstantial/procedural complexities.
- Demonstrates skill in supervision and delegation of patient care activities.
- Carries out nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care).
- Completes routine monitoring of patients to detect derivation from normal and accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care rendered.
- Identifies and responds to life threatening situations.
- Is knowledgeable of and follows National Patient Safety Goals while providing care.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/ORP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current MT RN Licensure
- ACLS within 6 months of hire