The Mission is the reason we exist. The Chief Integration Officer (CMO) helps to shape and influence how the Mission, Values, and Vision are lived out in the daily life of our ministries. This Mission Integration work touches on all aspects of organizational life including governance, strategy, operations, spiritual care and the nurturing of our caregivers. Sustaining a culture consistent with the Mission and Value requires vigilance at all times, especially during times of change and transition to maintain our Catholic identity and to ensure constant alignment with whom we say we are.
Key Working Relationships:
The position reports to the Chief Mission Integration Officer (CMO for the Region and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with caregivers at all levels in, as well as with PSJH vendors, agents, and others. The CMO has a matrix relationship with the Ministry Executive Leader and is a trusted confidant and member of the Ministry leadership team. The CMO collaborates with marketing and communications leaders to ensure communications explicitly connect with the PSJH Mission and Core Values. They will also work in partnership with Human Resources to ensure that we attract and retain caregivers that align with the Mission and Values.
• Ministry Leadership Participation
• Mission and Values Integration
• Formation Programs
• Ethics Services
The CMO will be accountable for the following functions:
Oversight of Mission at the following PSJH Ministries and coordination of identified initiatives:
• St. Elias Specialty Hospital
• Providence Medical Group and clinics
• Extended Care
• Transitional Care
• Horizon House Mission Leaders
• Parish Nursing
• International Ministries
• Volunteer opportunities
Strategic Leadership and Prophetic Voice
• Participate as a member of the Ministry senior leadership team.
• Participate in key ministry leadership groups for strategy and planning.
• Participate as a member of the Regional Mission Integration team and ensure the implementation of strategic initiatives at the Ministry level.
• In collaboration with Regional Director of Ethics, organize education and facilitates the use of the PSJH Mission and Values Discernment Process.
• Participate in the integration of Mission and Values Discernment Process.
• Participate in the interview process for ministry leadership to assure Mission and Values alignment.
• Maintain effective relationship with other operational and shared services leaders as well as Advisory Councils for Board formation and Mission accountability in the Ministry.
• Work with the system formation team and Regional CMO to ensure effective leadership formation of leaders, as well as ongoing formation within the ministry, including the CMB and Foundation Board.
• Promote Mission assimilation with new caregivers.
• Mentor leaders and caregivers in Mission Integration and Values interpretation.
Heritage and Identity
• Oversee and participate in delivering orientation program to introduce caregiver, leaders, providers, and affiliates to the PSJH Heritage, Mission, and Values.
• Initiate and support events, rituals for observing and celebrating special events of our Mission, Values, history, life of our Sponsors, and Founders of the local ministries.
• Oversee the continuation of Catholic identity within the ministry, while remaining open to the diversity of the community.
• Work with the Regional CMO to coordinate and complete Mission assessments on a regular basis.
• Serve on the local Ethics Committee.
• May serve on the Regional Ethics Council.
• Keep informed of any critical issues that put the ministry’s identity at risk or could cause scandal in the community and then inform the Regional CMO of any such issues.
• Ensure there is 24/7 ethics case consultation services and assure the effectiveness of local ethics committees concerning ethics consultation, education, and policy development.
• Ensure the timely development and review of essential policies and procedures for addressing ethical issues in patient care, clinical research, and ministry responsibility, as applicable.
• Participate in or facilitate the use of the PSJH Mission and Values Discernment Process, as directed.
• Ensure ongoing clinical and organizational ethics education within the ministry as a means of building ethics capacity and sensitivity among caregivers.
• Perpetuate a mission inspired culture in which the members of PSJH animate both the purpose and Core Values of the organization through their words and behaviors.
Justice in the Workplace
• Work with Human Resources (HR) to ensure programming and policies have an integrated focus on Catholic Social Teachings (Human Dignity, Subsidiarity, Participation, Rights of the Worker, Preferential Option for the Poor).
• Collaborate with Ministry leadership to ensure that programs and services address caregiver flourishing, well-being and resilience.
• Provide support for caregivers during significant workforce changes in collaboration with Ministry HR Leaders and chaplains.
• Assist with cultural and Mission integration of partner organizations.
• Assure the appropriate delivery of spiritual care services, including sacramental ministry, for both patients and caregivers throughout the continuum of care consistent with PSJH Standards of Excellence for Spiritual Care.
• Where applicable, oversee programs for clinical pastoral education and ensure appropriate accreditation status for the program.
• Maintain a focus on organizational spirituality to nurture the emotional, spiritual and social needs of caregivers.
• Execute the implementation of shared metrics, processes, practices and goals outlined by the ministry and Community Partnerships.
• Advance and celebrate caregiver participation in PSJH sponsored:
• International Service Trips
• Domestic Volunteer Activities
• Annual Advocacy Agenda Planning
• Direct Advocacy Campaigns for Important Health Care and Social Programs, both digital and traditional
• Environmental stewards across the ministry, including Green Teams.
• Support ministry Community Health Needs Assessment processes, as applicable; contribute to Community Benefit/Community Health Investment storytelling as requested; and collaborate with Community Health Investment team members to promote and maintain relationships with other aligned community partners and agencies. Work with Community Ministry Boards to ensure engagement and adoption of the Regional community health assessments and plans.
• Integrate Community Partnership work into ongoing formation activities.
• Partner with ministry Foundation/Philanthropic team members to thank and recognize major donors and show how their gifs of time, talent and treasure contribute to the Mission.
• Offer internship opportunities and/or mentors University of Providence theology students, as requested.
• Support and advances internal stakeholder engagement in Community Partnership activities.
Required qualification(s) and experience for this position include:
• Master’s Degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Health Care Mission or related of ministry.
• A thorough knowledge of the teachings and principles and traditions of the Catholic Church.
• A thorough understanding of Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
• At lease twelve (12) years of increasing responsibilities as a health care professional or administration of Mission related programs or services with ten (10) years of leadership experience.
• Demonstrated maturity, judgment, and leadership to be an effective and trusted contributor and colleague to the Ministry Chief Executive and leadership team to inspire and influence others in pursuit of the goals of the ministry of PSJH.
• Demonstrated competence in collaborative processes, change management and culture change, group facilitation, verbal and written communication, and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Understanding the principles and practices of adult learning.
• Specialized field training in ethics, formation, spiritual care or community partnerships.
• Theoretical and practical understanding, rooted in sound theology, of the Mission and Values of PSJH and the health care ministry of the Catholic Church.
• Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals and challenges of healthcare operations.
• The ability to communicate an integrated and balanced personal spirituality that aligns with PSJH as a Catholic ministry.
• The ability to articulate the connections between personal and organization spirituality and the workplace.
• The ability to engage individuals from diverse religious background in understanding and appreciating their role as leaders of a Catholic ministry, while honoring their own religious or spiritual traditions.
• Demonstrated personal and interpersonal skills that engender confidence, trust, and credibility among peers, caregivers, volunteers, medical staff, patients, and community citizens.
• The ability to lead, inspire and influence others in the pursuit of PSJH’s vision and strategic goals. In addition to maintaining a confidence to be a prophetic voice.
Preferred qualification(s)/experience include:
• A practicing member of the Catholic Church.
• Formal training in Ethics.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 241619.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.