We are the ones…that value you
Benedictine Health System (BHS), a non-profit health care system that manages more than 30 senior care communities throughout the Midwest, is seeking a full-time Senior Consultant, Spiritual Care. BHS is seeking a person alive in faith, skilled and passionate for team-building, with gifts and drive that make you ready to mentor, support, collaborate with and inspire a group of ecclesially diverse and awesome spiritual care leaders. This person will model the BHS core values of respect, hospitality, justice and stewardship, and will work collaboratively with Mission Integration colleagues to enhance and promote exceptional spiritual care for residents, guests and associates throughout BHS. Additional responsibility includes furthering the integration of BHS Mission and Core Values throughout the System in the areas of liturgical and ritual planning.
This position is responsible for working collaboratively in the Mission Integration department to enhance and promote spiritual care for residents, guests and associates throughout the Benedictine Health System. Additional responsibility includes furthering the integration of BHS Mission and Core Values throughout the System in the areas of liturgical and ritual planning.
- Develops and implements spiritual care activities to assure that spiritual care is fully integrated throughout the System.
- Develops rituals and prayer services for BHS-related events, including annual BHS Leadership Conference, Unified Leadership Team meetings and Spiritual Retreat, Benedictine feast days and others.
- Coordinates BHS community chapel planning programs.
- Promotes the BHS Mission and Core Values of Hospitality, Stewardship, Respect and Justice by bringing the Mission and Core Values into the day-to-day activities of the System.
- Performs other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Theology
- Board Certified Chaplain (APC or NACC)
- 5-8 years of experience in Health Care Spiritual Care Ministry providing practice competence in areas including but not limited to: theological process ritual and liturgical practice, adult learning, group process, and leadership development.
- Certified Educator in CPE training
- Formation in Benedictine Spirituality
We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, health & dental insurance, 401(k), and more.
To learn more about Benedictine Health System, please visit us at bhshealth.org.