Vice President of Mission
Facility: Avera Health
State: Sioux Falls, S.D.
Contact Name: Mona Schafer
Contact Title: Human Resource Partner
Contact Phone: (605) 322-4533
Collaborates with the Avera Executive Vice President of Mission and leaders throughout Avera and specifically Avera Health to maintain, strengthen and promote Avera's Catholic identity, mission, values, and culture in the healing ministry of the Church.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in theology or a health-related field is required; Master's degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience is required; minimum of five years of health care experience is required including experience working with physicians. Experience serving as a health care mission and/or ethics executive is strongly preferred.
- Practicing Roman Catholic is strongly preferred; solid grounding in the Catholic theological tradition is required.
- Extensive knowledge of and expertise in interpreting, applying, teaching, and elucidating the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services in clinical and business situations with a variety of stakeholders, including physicians is required.
- Minimum of two years serving on a health care ethics committee is required; experience as an IRB member is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Clinical Pastoral Education and health care chaplaincy is required; experience in supervising CPE and/or health care chaplaincy is strongly preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.