Travel and Reimbursements
Speakers are responsible for making all travel arrangements. CHA will provide complimentary registration to the 2018 Catholic Health Assembly for up to two (2) session presenters. Additionally, CHA will reimburse for reasonable and actual expenses for one (1) speaker to participate in Assembly 2018. (See Reimbursable expenses section below for details.)
Please submit all travel expenses using CHA's Travel Expense Form. Send the completed form and corresponding receipts via mail or email it to:
4455 Woodson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63134-3797
NOTE: Forms must be received by July 6, 2018. Be sure to include copies of your receipts.
- Coach air travel to and from the assembly — You may book your travel through CHA's American Express travel counselor at (314) 253-3442. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. Please have your approximate travel dates and credit card information available when you call, or you may email your request.
- Personal automobile — Reimbursement for personal automobile use will be made on the basis of the IRS mileage allowable for business miles traveled (54.5¢ per mile) up to the amount of the lowest logical coach fare.
- One night's lodging — CHA will pay for one night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel, the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. You are welcome to stay for the entire Assembly; however, you are responsible for any additional room nights. CHA has secured a block of sleeping rooms at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Please make your hotel reservations online. A special CHA discounted rate starting at $265 single/double (additional taxes/fees will apply) is available to Assembly attendees through May 18, 2018, or until CHA's room block fills, whichever comes first. You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as early as possible.
- Ground transportation — Fare for shuttle, taxi or rideshare service between the airport and the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
- Parking — Airport parking expenses or hotel parking, if driving your own car. (Please visit the Location page to learn what options are available for parking.)
- Other incidental expenses — Reasonable and customary meals, tips, telephone calls, Internet connection, and other incidental expenses incurred in conjunction with presenting at the 2018 Catholic Health Assembly.
- In-room movies
- Gift shop purchases or personal care items
- Barber/hairstylist charges
- Hotel health club fees
- Mini-bar charges
- Laundry service
- Alcoholic beverages not consumed during meal times
CHA provides a PowerPoint template for speakers that reinforces the graphics and theme of Assembly 2018. You are encouraged to download the PowerPoint template and use it when developing your presentation. (If you do not wish to use the CHA template, you may use your own.) PLEASE NOTE: Your PowerPoint presentation must be submitted to CHA no later than May 18, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of room setup and audiovisual equipment will be available for my presentation?
The setup of meeting rooms may vary, depending on room assignments. For information about your presentation, please contact Kim Hewitt, (314) 253-3421.
Which software applications and what versions will be available on-site to support my presentation?
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Office Suite 2013), and Adobe Acrobat .pdf files.
Can I embed graphics in my presentation?
Yes. To keep the file size of your presentation down, we recommend that you scale and crop your images to the desired size prior to placing them into PowerPoint.
How many people can I expect to attend my session?
Session attendance is dependent on the number of persons registered for the Assembly. The Innovation Forum sessions will be available in two time blocks.
Who will be in the audience?
The annual Catholic Health Assembly attracts an audience of senior leaders/decision-makers (executives, trustees, clinicians and senior managers) from Catholic health care systems and facilities across the continuum of care (such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, and community outreach programs), as well as sponsors of ministry organizations.
May I bring an additional person to support my presentation? Will CHA cover expenses?
CHA will waive the registration fee for Assembly 2018 for up to two (2) session presenters. Additionally, CHA will reimburse for round-trip, economy-class travel to the Assembly plus one night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel for one (1) session presenter, as noted in the guidelines for the 2018 Call for Innovative Ideas. CHA will not cover registration fees or travel expenses for more presenters than noted above.
May I stay in a hotel other than the assembly headquarters hotel? Will CHA cover that hotel room's costs?
If you choose accommodations other than at the Assembly headquarters hotel (the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina), provide CHA a copy of your receipt for lodging (see below). CHA will reimburse you for one night's stay up to the equivalent cost of one night at the Assembly headquarters hotel.
Will CHA reimburse my driving expenses rather than coach airfare to San Diego?
Reimbursement for personal automobile use will be made on the basis of the IRS mileage allowable for business miles traveled (54.5¢ per mile) up to the amount of the lowest, logical coach fare.
May I submit my request for reimbursement of travel expenses via the web?
Please submit all travel expenses using CHA's 2018 Expense Statement. Please download the form, fill it out and mail or email it to:
4455 Woodson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63134-3797
Forms must be received by July 6, 2018. Be sure to include copies of your receipts.
For additional information:
Kim Hewitt: (314) 253-3421