Travel and Reimbursements
Speakers are responsible for making all travel arrangements. CHA will provide complimentary registration to the 2017 Assembly for no more than two (2) session presenters. Additionally, CHA will reimburse for reasonable and actual expenses for one (1) speaker to participate in the 2017 Catholic Health Assembly. (See Reimbursable expenses section below for details.)
Please submit all travel expenses using CHA's Travel Expense Statement Form. Please complete and mail or email it to:
4455 Woodson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63134-3797
NOTE: Forms must be received by July 7, 2017. Be sure to include copies of your receipts.
- Coach air travel to and from the assembly — You may book your travel through CHA's American Express travel counselor at (314) 253-3442. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT. Please have your approximate travel dates and credit card information available when you call, or you may email your request.
- Personal automobile — Reimbursement for personal automobile use will be made on the basis of the IRS mileage allowable for business miles traveled (53.5¢ per mile) up to the amount of the lowest logical coach fare.
- One night's lodging — CHA will pay for one night's lodging at the assembly headquarters hotel, the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. You may choose to stay for the entire assembly; however, you are responsible for any additional room nights. CHA has secured a block of sleeping rooms at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. Please make your hotel reservations online or call (800) 445-8667 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada). Be sure to identify yourself as a Catholic Health Assembly attendee when calling. A special CHA discounted rate ($224 single/double) is available to Assembly attendees through May 22, 2017, or until CHA's room block fills, whichever comes first. You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as early as possible.
- Ground transportation — Fare for shuttle or taxi between the airport and the Hilton New Orleans Riverside.
- Parking — Airport parking expenses or hotel parking, if driving your own car. (Please visit the Location page to learn what options are available for parking.)
- Other incidental expenses — Reasonable and customary meals, tips, telephone calls, Internet connection, and other incidental expenses incurred in conjunction with presenting at the 2017 Catholic Health Assembly.
- In-room movies
- Gift shop purchases or personal care items
- Barber/hairstylist charges
- Hotel health club fees
- Mini-bar charges
- Laundry service
- Alcoholic beverages not consumed during meal times
CHA provides a PowerPoint template for speakers that reinforces the graphics and theme of the 2017 Assembly. You are encouraged to download the PowerPoint template and use it when developing your presentation. (If you do not wish to use the CHA template, you may use your own.) PLEASE NOTE: Your PowerPoint presentation must be submitted to CHA no later than May 26, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of room setup and audiovisual equipment will be available for my presentation?
The setup of meeting rooms may vary, depending on room assignments. For information about your presentation, please contact Kim Hewitt, (314) 253-3421.
Which software applications and what versions will be available on-site to support my presentation?
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Office Suite 2013), and Adobe Acrobat .pdf files.
Can I embed graphics in my presentation?
Yes. To keep the file size of your presentation down, we recommend that you scale and crop your images to the desired size prior to placing them into PowerPoint.
How many people can I expect to attend my session?
Session attendance is dependent on the number of persons registered for the Assembly. The Innovation Forum sessions will be available in three time blocks.
Who will be in the audience?
The annual Catholic Health Assembly attracts an audience of senior leaders/decision-makers (executives, trustees, clinicians and senior managers) from Catholic health care systems and facilities across the continuum of care (such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, and community outreach programs), as well as sponsors of ministry organizations.
May I bring an additional person to support my presentation? Will CHA cover expenses?
CHA will waive the registration fee for the 2017 Assembly for no more than two (2) session presenters. Additionally, CHA will reimburse the round-trip economy class travel to the assembly plus one night's lodging at the assembly headquarters hotel for one (1) session presenter, as noted in the guidelines for the 2017 Call for Assembly Session Presentations. CHA will not cover registration fees or travel expenses for additional session presenters.
May I stay in a hotel other than the assembly headquarters hotel? Will CHA cover that hotel room costs?
If you choose accommodations other than at the assembly headquarters hotel (the Hilton New Orleans Riverside), provide CHA a copy of your receipt for lodging (see below). CHA will reimburse you for one night's stay up to the equivalent cost of one night at the assembly hotel.
Will CHA reimburse my driving expenses rather than coach airfare to New Orleans?
Reimbursement for personal automobile use will be made on the basis of the IRS mileage allowable for business miles traveled (53.5¢ per mile) up to the amount of the lowest, logical coach fare.
May I submit my request for reimbursement of travel expenses via the web?
Please submit all travel expenses using CHA's 2017 Expense Statement. Please download the form, fill it out and mail or email it to:
4455 Woodson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63134-3797
Forms must be received by July 7, 2017. Be sure to include copies of your receipts.
For additional information:
Kim Hewitt: (314) 253-3421